Friday, January 15, 2010

Harrison Ford Wants To Do 'Indy 5'


Speaking at a press junket for "Extraordinary Measures," Harrison Ford spoke about doing a follow-up to "Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull."

According to the interview: Ford said: "I think it would be interesting to advance the understanding of the character, as we always have had that ambition throughout the series. I think it would be interesting to deepen the relationship between he and his son (Mutt, played by Shia LaBeouf) and play on that relationship. ... It's full of opportunity. The series is full of opportunity.”

I like that Ford is enthusiastic, but after actually seeing the last “Indiana Jones” film, I was pretty disappointed. After all the years of re-writes and story changes, I thought that when finally everyone agreed, it would be a great one. Instead, it was just completely ridiculous and not even close to as good as any of the originals.

I think this sentiment toward the film made a lot of fans feel as if they should just end things there and move on. I can understand that feeling but in my opinion, I think another film is a great idea.

Given a second chance, I think George Lucas, Steven Speilberg and Harrison Ford can team together to make one more amazing “Indiana Jones” film. After the terrible, critical and public (but not financial) reaction, I think they would buckle down and hammer out a great story.

Obviously, only time will tell, but if they do make another Indy film, whether it’s good or bad I guarantee it will rake in a ton of cash.

No comments:

Post a Comment