Wednesday, May 4, 2011

"The Amazing Spider-Man" Will Be Amazing


Look, I love Tobey Maguire. I love Sam Raimi. But lets all be honest for a moment. Those "Spider-Man" films really weren't that great. Too much CGI, too much metallic costumes (Green Goblin anyone?) and I really never could get over how egregious of a change Peter Parker's web shooters were in those films.

But they were still pretty decent, some of the first "big" super-hero movies we see today. But now, now we have a Peter Parker we can really believe in.

Andrew Garfield is far and away one of Hollywood's best young actors. He was robbed of an Oscar nomination for "The Social Network" and his work in "Boy A" as well as Mark Romanek's "Never Let Me Go" was just stunning and amazing. And now, to Peter.

This is the Peter we've always wanted. A teenager, a kid with some angst and inexperience. I look at these pictures and I just feel like this is right. Marc Webb is the man for the job, I mean just look at that name! This film is going to be "Amazing" and apart from "The Dark Knight Rises," this is the film I am dying for.

No comments:

Post a Comment