Thursday, November 5, 2009

DJ Booth: Pill, "Hear Somebody Comin'"


I recently started contributing to a music website, DJBooth.net, here's my latest entry:

Many artists use their origins as an inspiration for their music, whether it’s their state, city, or neighborhood. Pill, who hails from the “Pink City” block in Atlanta, has found exactly such inspiration on his new track Hear Somebody Comin’.

The record has a gritty, realistic feel that proves Pill is an artist on the rise. Produced by Tha Bizness, the second the beat drops, a loud siren blares in the background and Pill immediately drops the ominous hook: “I think I hear somebody coming.”

His first verse comes in quick and fast, but is smooth, and his flow is reminiscent of rapper Papoose. Pill has his fingers on the pulse of pop culture and proves it with lines like “I’m the caped crusader, you gonna have to unmask me.

Hear Somebody Comin
is the first leak off the new Evil Empire & DJ Skee Presents 4075: The Refill Mixtape, which is set to drop November 17.

No comments:

Post a Comment